[CAUT] MonoChord with whistling partial

ibook dgurnee at humboldt1.com
Mon Jun 11 21:23:40 MDT 2007

Andrew,

First determine if the duplex scale is playing a part (a common
occurrence) by laying damping material on the duplex scale. If the
whistle stops, isolate the offending aliquot and move the bar a
fraction on an inch or merely mute that aliquot.

If the duplex scale is not the fault, move the action in and out to
see if the harmonic is being produced by stride point.  In that case
the solution may be obvious.

If neither of those possibilities show success surely another email
will bring more possibilities.

Dan Gurnee HSU Ret.