[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 17:34:05 MDT 2007

At 6:55 pm -0400 9/6/07, Ed  Sutton wrote:

>So what do tuning records show? Any response to humidity?

Hard to say.  I've just acquired the piano and it's had no serious
work done on it since it was new 105 years ago.  I doubt if it has
been tuned for 20 years and the tuning was not too bad.  I'll find
out more when I get to re-stringing it, but it's an amazing piece of
work in every way, embodying all Brinsmead's greatest inventions and
built with no expense spared.  I've been waiting for years for one of
these pianos to turn up and am delighted with it.

JD