[CAUT] FW: More from Ed Foote

Mark Cramer Cramer at BrandonU.ca
Fri Jun 8 10:45:36 MDT 2007

OOOOPS, sorry list...

just forwarding to my friend and colleague Stan, and apparently everyone
else on the list. :>)

Oh well, good advice is worth reading more than once.

cheers all!

Its the wknd and I'm off to the lake.

Mark Cramer
Brandon University

Don writes:
<< - Lightly tap strings behind bridge and in front of bridge at an angle -
not down, but in towards the bridge pin. >>

    I do this on new wire, but have also found that after everything is said
and done, there is still a surprising amount of flatness that will show up
if
I lightly tap the string towards the speaking length bridge pin *between*
the
bridge pins.  I use a very smooth flat-bladed screw driver, held as flat to
the plane of the bridge as possible.  Under tension, it takes very little
force
to make a change.
     I think there is considerable distortion waiting behind the bridgepin
and a slight tap allows the string to move a small increment towards the
speaking length.  Try it, you may find this is also a repository of
flatness/length,
( ROFL ??)

Regards,

Ed Foote RPT