[CAUT] Stainless wire and "string stretching". What's up?

Vincent Earl Mrykalo v.mrykalo at utah.edu
Fri Jun 8 09:46:06 MDT 2007

I have used puresound on the lowest 6 notes of the tenor on a small Baldwin grand (where wound strings would be an improvement, but used puresound instead), and the rest of the piano was strung with Mapes Gold.  After 6 weeks in the customer's home, i found that the Mapes Gold wire was around 16 cents or more flat, but the puresound was 4 to 5 cents flat.

Vince Mrykalo RPT
University of Utah