[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jun 7 03:27:54 MDT 2007

Very well stated Jeff.  Exactly what I tried to point out in my last.
And, I think exactly what Fred is trying to point out.

Cheers
RicB

    Given my limited level of enlightenment, me thinks one could easily
    come to the conclusion that "no practical significance" would
    certainly be relative to application, and time elapsed.  The amount
    of stretch which would enable pitch drop in a single piano wire
    pulled to 180 lbs, might very well be of "no practical significance"
    in most every other reason to measure elongation of steel wire.

    Jeff

    Jeff Tanner, RPT
    University of South Carolina