[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Jun 6 16:28:33 MDT 2007

Hi Fred,
My memory cells are also not what they once were.
I think the 30 cents was only for the bass strings, and that was the limit
that they should be overpulled to.
This is to avoid damage to the string becuase of the winding on a solid
core.
Add to that that the string is under more tension than the unwound strings??
Just a guess at James'es reasoning.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com