[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Jun 6 15:50:02 MDT 2007

Hi Wim

I think the point being made against string stretchers is the tendancy
to misuse them, or use them in a way that can damage rather then
contribute positively to the piano. Personally, I could easily live
without one.

I read Conrads note with interest. His posts always catch my eye.  I'm
not really sure I caught his point on this one tho... I was argueing
against kinking the wire around the bridge pin... and he raised a
disagreement which I couldnt find in his list of <<do's>>.  He did
mention a kink in relation to the counterbearing length... but I dont
see how that relates to the bridge pin.  In anycase... his list all
seemed like good things to do to me... dont really see where he figures
we disagree.

Cheers
RicB

        In a message dated 6/6/07 2:01:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,