[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Stan Kroeker smkroeker at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 5 14:13:10 MDT 2007

Ladies and gents,

While on this thread of new strings, would 'veteran' stringers mind
sharing their post-stringing stabilization procedures?  ie:  seating
strings (wherever appropriate), gently inducing bends at termination
points, manual stretching (other than what Mark is asking below) with
wood stick or roller tool?  Other?

Just heading out to the shop to install the last of the bass strings
on a Steinway 'O' and will want to do whatever is possible to hasten
stability.

Cheers from the summery Canadian prairie,

Stan Kroeker, RPT