[CAUT] Strich & Zeidler

Christopher Purdy purdy at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 17 19:40:40 MST 2007

I have an upright.  You're right, it's built like an outdoor masonry
sanitary facility.  I got this one because it has an amazing carving
on the music desk, huge fluted pillars, and over the top
ornamentation all around.  it is also one of the heaviest pianos I
have ever moved.

The carving on the front is like nothing I have ever seen on a
piano.  It depicts what looks like a Greek concert.  Several women in
a  small amphitheater watching another woman play a lyre.  It is
beautiful.

I am very curious to hear if anyone else has ever seen anything like
this.

Chris

On Jan 17, 2007, at 7:06 PM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> I have a customer with a Strich& Zeidler Upright, #10341...Wow,
> built in 1900...their first year....(just looked it up).   Very
> well designed and well made...their grands may very well be of the
> same quality.   I'd check it out!
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044

Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.