[CAUT] IRS/Census category #

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 10:51:24 MST 2007

??? I found this quite amusing, so thought I'd share it. What were they
thinking? It's anyone's guess. The one that is really strange is having key
duplication mixed in with the rest. The others kind of make sense as being
pieces of equipment that are used, say, for "personal
amusement/entertainment/development" or something along those lines.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

Back in the mid 80's I met a?piano tuner in Southern Illinois who was also a lock smith. He called himself "The Key Man". He told me he never has?a problem with no-shows. He just lets himself in?when the door is locked. With it being very rural, he told me his customers don't mind.?

Lumping all of the categories together in one group is not all that unusual. Yes, we have different skills, but from an accounting point of view,?the income is the same, (doing piece work), and?the expenses are?the same. The equipment, supplies, tools, etc., might be different, but they are inventoried and depreciated the same way.

Wim