[CAUT] FW: Aliphatic resin creep under load

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Dec 18 12:00:52 MST 2007

> Here's some info from an engineer at Franklin, maker of Titebond. Mr. Evans
> also worked at Baldwin for a time. In light of his comments I wonder in
> these instances of perceived creep whether the movement is a result of
> creeping  glue, or a result of a poor methodology - poor joint construction,
> insufficient glue, too tight clamping, etc.

Or Asking too much of any glue in a poorly designed
application, or failure to differentiate between the many
different flavors of aliphatic resin glues and lumping them
all together as interchangeable and dismissing them en masse
as unsuitable, or the ever popular "everyone knows", and "I've
always heard".

Ron N