[CAUT] capo work

Alan Crane alan.crane at wichita.edu
Mon Dec 10 12:43:57 MST 2007

There was a time when Bill Spurlock was carrying a smaller file
pretty much identical to this one in the Stewart-MacDonald catalog.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Fretting_supplies/Shaping_and_crowning/Three-in-one_Fret_File.html

Bill's radius might have been different than these, I don't know for sure.
I just know he stopped offering them years ago citing unavailability
from the manufacturer or something like that.
Given the price difference (and *assuming* grit and such is similar),
these might be an attractive alternative, especially since the files
themselves are interchangeable and inexpensive replacements are
readily available.

Grizzly also carries what looks like an identical item (cheaper by
about $9 USD) but does not appear to offer replacement files for it.
However, if it really is identical, the Stew-Mac files might fit...

http://grizzly.com/products/3-In-1-Fret-File/H7514

At 11:18 AM 12/10/2007, Jim Busby wrote:
>Paul,
>
>Here's the files;
>
><http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Fretting_supplies/Shaping_and_crowning/2/Diamond_Fret_Files.html>http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Fretting_supplies/Shaping_and_crowning/2/Diamond_Fret_Files.html
>
>The 300 grit is all I have.