[CAUT] unmusical caster noise

Loren Buntemeyer lbuntemeyer at ku.edu
Wed Dec 5 07:37:32 MST 2007

If there is lots of slop between the caster and plate that bolts to the truck, you will get movement and strange noises.  Locking the wheel will not solve the problem.  When you take the caster off or take the weight off the wheel, check the side play of the wheel and the unwanted slop when it turns on the bearings.  Usually you can't correct this problem since it is stamped together except maybe a heavy lubricant on those dry bearings or new casters.  Even some new casters have to much play.

Loren