[CAUT] unmusical caster noise

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Dec 5 05:00:08 MST 2007

Jim:

We had a piano here in a small auditorium and it was on a stage truck.
The people who put it on the truck put one locking wheel on the bass
side, and the other at the back.  One energetic player had trouble with
the piano moving as she played and of course it wanted to move in a
circle.  Though the back wheel was locked, there was so much more
leverage back there that it did move.  I think mechanically it just
works better if the front wheels have the brakes.  Of course it wouldn't
hurt to have all of them locking.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu