[CAUT] sostenuto tap springs

Ron Poire rpoire at comcast.net
Mon Dec 3 19:53:51 MST 2007

Hello Paul and everyone,

You should be able to remove the individual damper levers affected by the broken or mangled springs.  I don't have any experience replacing these springs, as none have broken in all my ten years at the University of Minnesota.
I have accidentally dislodged a spring now and then, but I must have been lucky.  I am willing to bet, the springs are attached with flange cord or pinned into the lever.

Remove the individual lever and scope out the situation.
The process of replacing the tab spring should be very similar to replacing the spring in the repetition.
In that case, the spring was held in by a nylon fastener, which looked much like a centerpin.

regards,

Ron Poire

laid off from the U of M.