[CAUT] Wire Stretch

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Apr 29 19:35:50 MDT 2007

> What do you mean you disagree!  If the tension in the back-length is low
> and seating the strings evens out the tension, then the tension and
> pitch of the speaking length will fall.  This is your experience and
> mine and anybody else's.

I disagree that back scale tensions are always, or even
typically lower than speaking length tensions, much less that
  they continue to get lower over time compared to speaking
lengths. I also disagree that the pitch lowering we hear when
seating strings is necessarily coming from the back scale.

>> Pretty much every living soul out there has access to an ETD capable
>> of measuring pitch levels quite accurately, and calculating tension
>> levels and changes in speaking length and back scale before and after
>> seating strings and noting a pitch drop in the speaking length.
>
> Quite so.  What one earth makes you think I am contradicting that. What
> I took issue with is your previous remark that:

Instead of arguing something I didn't say, I thought some
actual data accumulated by as many interested individuals as
are willing and with no argument to support, would easily
answer a few questions that endless discussion obviously
won't. Let's find out, for a change.

  > This seems to contradict everything else that you are saying.

Not if you had read and understood what I've been saying.
Ron N