[CAUT] Wire Stretch

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Apr 28 15:20:47 MDT 2007

Hmm.. yes... all this reminds me of a discussion a couple years back
between Ron and John Hartman.  And I think I see at least Rons point
here.  I'm going to have to dig up that thread and see if I can figure
out why John does what he does then.... which seemed clearly different.
Obviously, already voiced on this thread... there are some very
different approaches and perspectives applied.

ricb

     > I am unclear on this. If the string tension and the deflection
    angle are
     > the same, why the length of the end I am pulling on matter?

        It doesn't as far as downbearing force matters. It seems
        you're quite clear on it, which is why I describe bearing in
        degrees instead of bridge height offset or some undefined
        linear measurement.

     >Why would
     > that change the amount of downbearing force?

        It wouldn't.
        Ron N