[CAUT] Dickson temp/RH data loggers...

Hans E Sander hesand01 at louisville.edu
Thu Apr 26 12:26:32 MDT 2007

It is a wonderful effective tool. The graphs with temparature and humidity curves are the only way to prove about humidity fluctuations. The heat and aircondition people don't worry much about humidity. They normally know more about both but don't let us know. You can graph both by minute, hour, day, month. I used one logger in each recital hall. I glued velcro on the back and hung it above normal reach. You need to get it off once a month to feed the data into your computer and reset the unit. They seem to be a little pricey. Around $240.00 a piece. So far no need to recalibrate.
I collected data for several years at the UofL School of Music to fight the battle. After 10 years, nearly unsuccessful on that front I retired 6 months ago. If you read the collected data over the years you might get tears in your eyes and you understand why you have piano problems.
Greetings
Hans Sander, RPT
Retired from the University but still cooking.

>>> "Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu> 04/26/07 7:32 AM >>>
Alan:

Check out the USB-502 from Measurement computing.
http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/USB-502.asp?dept_id=414&p
f_id=1759&mscssid=3XMU8L0UW6QK8G0S956LLJ77ETWT8VQ3

I've had one here for a year or so and it works very well and is
certainly well priced.

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt at smu.edu