[CAUT] Hardness of termination vs string breakage (was Re: restrung D)

Ted Sambell edward.sambell at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 24 20:39:21 MDT 2007

I think Fred has it right. In fact I did dress the capo bars to a V as
described by Ric, so we are probably not that far apart. I will try to
obtain Ed McMurrow's book; actually I read it many years ago but cannot
recall specific details. It is not in the Schaff catalogue, and deserves to
be at least as much as many of the titles there. I do remember that some of
his ideas were controversial and perhaps unproven. Innovation is not
necessarily synomynous with substance, but should certainly be encouraged
anyway, as the innovator is more likely to produce some enduring work.

Ted Sambell