[CAUT] restrung D

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Wed Apr 18 14:35:39 MDT 2007

Hi Fred,

I'm coming in late on this but Jim Ellis speaks of the "friction
coefficient" (I hope that is the term he used) between different types
of metals. In Europe, especially with historical instruments and such,
they use brass bridge pins. Jurgen Guering sells them. Juan Mas Cabre
swears by them for his Pure Sound Wire (Stainless steel). Maybe Jim
could enlighten us? Or at least someone smarter than me could better
understand this metallurgic relationship as Jim explains it.

Regards,

Jim Busby