[CAUT] Hardness of termination vs string breakage (was Re: restrung D)

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 07:24:28 MDT 2007

A couple of years back Ron Overs wrote some on capo hardening: reasons and
methods.  You might want to check the archives.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

As for capo hardening.  I'm glad you bring it into question as it forces
me to admit that here again... I dont really <<know>> and I agree that
lack of  <<knowledge>> in the face of what is popularly claimed as such
in this regard is indeed a  "bit of cognitive dissonance" as you put it.

Cheers
RicB

        About the question of capo hardening, I am merely asking people
    to set
    aside "what seems reasonable" and "what one heard somewhere" and take a
    fresh look. Is there really compelling evidence out there, one way
    or the
    other? bit clearer.
    Regards,
    Fred Sturm