[CAUT] restrung D / Ron O

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Apr 17 15:59:51 MDT 2007

Gawd.... what beaaaautiful workmanship !!  I think my next big trip is
going to have to be a couple months training in Australia :)

Query tho....

Why do you think harder pins will help the tone ?

Cheers
RicB

    Hi all,

    Provided that the side bearing load on the pin is not excessive (not
    over 10 degrees), there will be little risk to the wire. The pins we
    used for no. 6 piano were EN nickel plated and heat treated in-house
    to harden the nickel. I do suspect that harder pins help the tone.

    Here's an image which shows the nickel plated pins and
    multi-laminated cap of piano no. 6.
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/ronovers/oversno6.13.jpg

    Ron O.