[CAUT] restrung D

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Mon Apr 16 14:04:37 MDT 2007

While on this topic. I wonder if there is a slight difference in speaking
length as the string vibrates in its sideways excursion compared to the
speaking length while in its vertical excursion? If there is, would this
give a false beat to the string? If the pin and notch relationship has
become compromised for whatever reason, it might result in such a situation.

Alan