[CAUT] Legs

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL at ucmail.uc.edu
Fri Apr 6 09:18:15 MDT 2007

I'm interested in hearing from anybody who has cut down legs to install
some large brass casters on a S&S D. We have a couple of instruments
that could really use this treatment here. I've looked at some really
nice casters that Piano Forte Supply is selling...

I don't have a Hamburg D to look at here so I'm wondering how the
"spade" part of the spade leg looks on those instruments. Does it just
look like a NY leg that has been cut down or have they changed the
proportions somehow. I'm concerned that the legs might not look right
after we've spent all that money on them...

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati