[CAUT] Experiment Success

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Apr 5 08:41:27 MDT 2007

Whether or not it would work, the piano would smell like a pickle
forever...pw

"Annie Grieshop" <annie at allthingspiano.com>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
04/05/2007 09:00 AM
Please respond to
annie at allthingspiano.com; Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

"College and University Technicians" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Experiment Success

If a wool sweater shrinks when washed, soaking it in vinegar will relax
the fibers and allow it to be reshaped.  Will that work on hammers?  I
don't have anything handy that would be a fair test.  Is vinegar too
acidic for strings?  It could be neutralized, but that would mean another
hammer treatment.

Annie Grieshop
Iowa (Hi, Richard!)