[CAUT] Grand moving/small elevator

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 2 13:57:18 MDT 2007

Jim,
         I've done this and will do it again
soon. I have no problem standing the piano
(action out) on the front of the keybed using
4"X6" blocks under the stretcher for support and
balance. It's also an efficient way of allowing
chemical strippers to do their work during the
refinishing process as everything drips away from the soundboard.

best of luck,
Greg Newell

At 12:37 PM 4/2/2007, you wrote:
>List,
>
>We need to fit an “L” into an elevator for the
>15th floor. Here’s the catch; the piano needs to
>stand on end to fit in the elevator. It’s an
>older, small elevator. Any advice? I’ve heard of
>putting the piano on top of the elevator, but I
>don’t think the hotel would do this.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim Busby

Greg Newell