[CAUT] New Soundboard Type

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Apr 1 05:15:51 MDT 2007

Hi folks...

Just ran across a piece of new I have yet to confirm about a new
soundboard material being tried out in Czechoslavakia.  It is a variant
of a kind of pulped pressed board evidently... something on the lines of
that stuff speaker manufacturers use yet because of some new re-bonding
process the stuff comes out incredibly lightweight yet significantly
stronger then traditional solid wood panels.  Full dimension curved
cauls are used to mold the material into the exact crowned form in all
directions they want.  The strength characteristics of the material are
equal in all directions and they will be using a different type of
support system for downbearing then ribs... that is to say ribs will not
be used.  Its not a carbon fiber thing we are talking about... this is
an all wood product... aside from whatever bonding material/process is
being used.   More on this as I can hunt down information on it.

Cheers
RicB