[CAUT] Kemble stability

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 22 21:08:16 MDT 2006

Hi to everyone,
I have been taking care of a Kemble studio upright for several years and am
extremely frustrated with its lack of stability.  The problem is that it is
in a teaching studio.   She keeps the climate at even as possible, a DC is
installed, and she is good about regular tunings.  But the piano has no back
posts and I fear that it just isn't built rigid enough to be very stable.

I'd love some comments about others who have experience with these pianos
and what, if anything can be done when pianos are under-built.  Thanks for
your input,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician