[CAUT] caut Digest, Vol 1090, Issue 3

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Tue Sep 19 09:55:01 MDT 2006

Quoting Chris Solliday <solliday at ptd.net>:

> This is all well and good but without addressing the bigger picture
> it is
> doomed like trying use a watering can to put out a fire (better be a
> very
> small fire). This program needs a realistic budget and along with
> that will
> come more respect for the tech.
> Chris Solliday

In defense of my approach, the problem I face is that I have no
budget. I have been asking for one for five years. The only time I got
any money was when we had a new chair, and she didn't know I was not
allowed to use money from a certain fund. I replaced hammers etc, on
the pianos I thought needed them the most, only to find that is not
what they wanted.

So now, with no budget, whenever there is a need, I go to the piano
area chair and the department chair and lay the problem on the table.
I do give them a figure of what it will cost, but other than that, I
leave the decision entirely up to them.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician