[CAUT] caut Digest, Vol 1090, Issue 3

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Sep 18 15:03:58 MDT 2006

Candor, Paul.  Simply tell him that you don't have the budget to do it
and he should try to get supplemental funding for this project.  Take it
to the Music School Director or Dean.  These are the problems they are
supposed to solve.  Spending money within your budget is your job.
Raising money for special projects is their job.  I certainly wouldn't
entertain spending 28% of my budget for this kind of job....fortunately
the people here wouldn't expect me to.  We need a new harpsichord here
but that money will be found someplace beside my budget.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu