[CAUT] Portable work station completed

Dtalcott at cs.com Dtalcott at cs.com
Tue Oct 31 00:39:35 MST 2006

Rob--

Good show! Looks lovely and the result of careful design and construction.
The pedestal brake is a fine concept.

The whole thing reminds me of my own recently-finished project. Since I am
being required to move my own shop to a new location I decided to "fix up"
all the big power tools to make them easier to move around, mostly by adding
a set of casters. The table saw, bandsaw, and drill press were all my
grandfather's
probably dating from the 1920's (blue-finished Craftsman line). Either Gramp
or my Dad had built wooden stands for each device/ I have been using the tools
for maybe
forty years and occasionally cleaned or readjusted each tool so they are all
in
great condition. The paint on the bandsaw was so good that I was able to
remove
recent surface junk with 409 and rags and, after letting the paint dry
overnite,
restoring the surface finish with a buffing wheel.

If you wtite me privately <dtalcott at cs.com> I really would like to know the
method
that you use for including your photos within the body of a letter; I might
post to
pianotech but I can also send a few photos to you as attachments.

Cheers to all,
Dave Talcott