[CAUT] harpsichord quilling

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 27 14:50:14 MDT 2006

At 14:38 10/27/2006, you wrote:
>Fred, Anne, and everyone else who works on harpsichords,
>
>Here's a question that might be a little easier to answer: What
>is/are your favorite tool for carving plectra (and where do you get them)?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alan Eder R.P.T.

Nice fat soft grip X-acto handle with  #11 blade and a voicing block
which allows me to taper bottom, both sides and voicing cut of the
plectrum all while supporting it.

Trying to carve plectra in mid-air (at least for me) is like pushing a rope.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.