[CAUT] Baldwin SD-10

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Oct 24 09:08:13 MDT 2006

David

As I said, I decline a protracted debate with you.  Nothing either of us
have to offer on the subject is new on the matter and its all been
hashed in like manner by many many others before us. Perhaps the most
telling moment in the position you take is refected in the comment below
taken from your last post.

    Leakage is equivalent to noise in my view but this may be a simple
    definition of terms.   For me, leakage is not a desirable thing.  I
    don't believe companies use a design feature that they believe
    encourage leakage, but  that companies continue to employ a
    particular  design feature often has mostly to do with habit.

Clearly, those of us who do not see leakage as equivalent to noise per
se will never find agreement on the larger subject matter with those who
take the above position.  And, as I have pointed out. Strikes me that it
is also quite clear that the market has made its statement on the matter
quite clear.  I believe that companies like Yamaha, Steinway that employ
the duplex system do so very consciously and know exactly what and why
they are doing.

Now,  in lue of some quantifiable impartial data/documentation that goes
to support some of the claims made pursuant to power, sustain, etc. by
those who oppose the Steinway duplex... I'll leave this discussion
exactly where I left in when Duplex Dan declined to supply us with
simliar documentation to support his own claims.  To each their own.
Personally,  I love the sound of a well kept and functioning front
duplex.  And, for my part... I do not find working with it particularly
troublesome.

Cheers
RicB