[CAUT] Friday vent

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Fri Oct 20 17:39:39 MDT 2006

Last weekend in Cincinnati (PTG Central East Regional Seminar), Bob
Marinelli of Pianotek had some *new* Abels made with, um, un-bleached or not
as purified
felt.  He installed some on a new Steinway (can't remember which model) and
the sound was impressive.

I think the aim of this hammer is to get as close to those old Steinway
softer
hammers that produced plenty of sound without lacquer.

Sorry for the sketchy report, I guess the caffeine wasn't doing its job.
Leave it to me to not get the exact name of the hammers....

Maybe Chris Solliday can speak more intelligently about them, since he was
teaching with Bob.  Or you can always call Bob, of course.

BTW, if you weren't there, you missed a really nice seminar....beautiful
hotel....good friends.....good fun, food & drink!

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL