[CAUT] Friday vent

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Oct 20 16:42:58 MDT 2006

Conrad !

    1 Fosters and 1 Pilsner Urquell gone with Tilburg Brown Ale waiting
    and Erdinger feeling slighted... ;-}

Ah... my favorite beer... Urquell. The origional Pilsner.  You should
have the opportunity of drinking their <<new>> beer.  I have three aunts
and a grandmother that comes from Pilsn.

    I asked hewhoismyboss what this Steinway sound he was fearful of
    loosing by reminding him of the different voices our Hamburg D vs:
    NYC D. He, of course, says he wants NY.

Well.. there you have it.  Only one thing to do. Buy the Hamburgs...
tell them they are the New Yorks... do the job and wait until he has
committed himself to the whole faculty about how enthralled he is... and
then let slip an.... "Opps.... !  the packing slip says Hamburg !"  :)
Course he will hate you forever proably....but what the heck.

    Just how much projection and power does one need for a 7' piano in a
    12x12 room?

Not that much me thinks... but different strokes eh ?

    been cogitatin' a letter re: the emperor's new clothes and early 80s
    rippled soundboards (B in his studio), hammers on steroids causing
    very heavy action (last genuine $&$ hammers installed), very high
    hammer line causing repetition problems, etc. (his home D) and that
    fine teflon back action feel (other prof studio B)

    Let's see... genuine Steinway/Kluge/Renner/Mapes. Whut am I forgetting?

    Ta ta, Tilburg calling...

My best guess is to give him what he wants and let him be happy with
it.  Tommorrow is another day :)

Cheers
RicB