[CAUT] Friday vent

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 20 16:13:47 MDT 2006

At 14:05 10/20/2006, you wrote:
>Conrad mein Frenn.
>
>You might mention to the guy that Hamburg Steinway hammers are a
>very very attractive alternative to New York hammers.  And that
>Steinway Hamburg wouldnt think of using anything but Wurzen II felt.
>Tho it may be difficult to order direct from your placement in
>life,  we all know there are plenty ways around that.  You want
>Renner Europe hammers, or even Hamburg origionals.... that is doable for sure.
>
>Cheers
>RicB

>A "choice of cold beers"?? Voila!!! I remember Joe Bisceglie talking
>about the Steinway factory tradition of shutting down on Friday
>afternoons and have a kegger on the shop floor(s)!!! So, there you
>are. If not "genuine" Steinway hammers, then at least a genuine
>Steinway tradition of getting "hammered"!!!
>
>Enjoy, you have earned it!!!
>
>Robin Blankenship

1 Fosters and 1 Pilsner Urquell gone with Tilburg Brown Ale waiting
and Erdinger feeling slighted... ;-}

I asked hewhoismyboss what this Steinway sound he was fearful of
loosing by reminding him of the different voices our Hamburg D vs:
NYC D. He, of course, says he wants NY.

Just how much projection and power does one need for a 7' piano in a
12x12 room?

been cogitatin' a letter re: the emperor's new clothes and early 80s
rippled soundboards (B in his studio), hammers on steroids causing
very heavy action (last genuine $&$ hammers installed), very high
hammer line causing repetition problems, etc. (his home D) and that
fine teflon back action feel (other prof studio B)

Let's see... genuine Steinway/Kluge/Renner/Mapes. Whut am I forgetting?

Ta ta, Tilburg calling...