[CAUT] Interesting inquiry

Michelle Stranges stranges at oswego.edu
Mon Oct 16 09:01:56 MDT 2006

That's absolutely true.
When guitars are stored in the non-pressurized cabins under planes if
they are up to pitch they CAN be damaged.
When I was working with a group that flew in a piano  (I forget the
exact details) I flipped out when I thought of this and callled the
local Bosendorfer dealer (I was in Australia at the time) and the
dealer assured me that pianos had been flown in to them at 442 and
truly not to worry. I didn't worry. The piano arrived safely and
unharmed.
The stage hands did however release tension on all the other stringed
instruments before they were flown..

I wonder what the differnence would be?
The plate being able to take it- as opposed to the guitar not having
such a thing?

Huh...

:)
Strange is