[CAUT] Bringing the shop to the piano

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Thu Oct 12 07:44:17 MDT 2006

Although it is nice to have a "portable" shop to take to the pianos,
(I have a three shelve Rubbermade cart to transport actions to my
shop), whenever I did try to service a piano in a practice room, I
have found that no matter how much stuff I take to a piano, inevitably
I have to run back to my shop to get a tool, a piece of felt, a
string, etc.

So now I take the action back to my shop for cleaning, tightening
screws, etc, and take only the tools I think I will need. The rest
stays in my shop. I just consider it part of my job description to
take five minute breaks to walk back to my shop to get what I need.
It's good excersize.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician