[CAUT] breaking strings, Kawai KG-2A (1997)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Nov 22 14:44:29 MST 2006

> So it's not quite a full 1/2 size? I have the cheap mics that only do
> thousands... kind of.
>
> Jim Busby

It'll make a difference of maybe 4-6 lbs more tension per
string directly replacing metric with SAE, so if that's
important to you, you can adjust the scale size change points
to keep the tension average similar. If you're measuring, sort
of, the accuracy is what the accuracy is. I've known of plenty
of metric scales being replaced by SAE gage for gage with no
particular ill affect that was obviously the fault of the
tension increase. Other folks will tell different stories.

Comparison spreadsheet attached.
Ron N