[CAUT] RE : key bushings

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Nov 7 09:03:54 MST 2006

> The trouble I've had with hide glue, aside from the usual like -is it
> rotten and stinks? -is it too cold or too hot? - is that it leaves
> strings behind it and gets all over the place.

With a glue pot designed for working with hide glue, heat
control is a matter of keeping the pot plugged in. If it
strings on you, you have it way too thick. Neither is the
fault of the glue.

>And it is quite as
> capable of sinking into the cloth as white glue, if it's made up too thin.
>
> Susan Kline

Which is why I apply usably thin glue to the wood instead of
the cloth.

We do whatever works for us, and as long as performance,
longevity, and future service aren't compromised, it's the
right way.
Ron N