[CAUT] Wapin Installation at Brandon University

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Nov 6 03:25:59 MST 2006

Michael W-
Thanks for the input and background, as well as the link to
additional information.  I think the point I made in my (next to)
last post remains.  What (some) technicians are looking for, I think,
are both a collection of exhaustive data, which, if necessary, is
interpreted sufficiently to be understood by reasonably intelligent
reader, along with a thorough discussion of the physical phenomena
generating the data.  Without that, we remain in the realm of
subjective (albeit collective) observation and speculation. I don't,
in any way, mean to dismiss the claims made by you(s) or the
observations reported by many, nor even to assume an aggressively
skeptical posture,  but I don't think it's fair, or reasonable to
expect a community that has, at its heart, a strong scientific
orientation, (can we still say 'orientation?)  to suspend its
methodological criteria. The single variable!

Again, I look forward, both, to the "Birkett" process, as well as an
opportunity I can avail myself of, to see the product and
process.  Brandon is not a possibility for me. Nevertheless, I hope
it goes well.

Lastly, I hope your students appreciate you.  You seem to be quite a
dedicated teacher.

Best regards -

David Skolnik