[CAUT] key bushings

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Nov 4 12:29:51 MST 2006

I concur. I bought a large selection of Spurlock's cauls and bulk
Renner bushing cloth many years ago, along with the large quilter's
cutting mat, rotary cutter, and a good heavy straight edge (steel,
made for carpet installers). I made myself the key clamps from Bill's
plans. I've never regretted having this gear. The results are very
good. One only has to be careful of the insertion distance, and of
being too aggressive by choosing cloth too thick. It may not be the
very most interesting use of one's time (good TV work) but the
results of good bushings are very gratifying, and can be obtained in
no other way. I do find that if I steam out the old bushings I have
to carefully size the balance rail holes afterwards.

Susan Kline