[CAUT] Best bass strings

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Nov 3 13:11:59 MST 2006

There are no "best" bass strings and there's no magic about a bass string.
A competent string winder who pays attention to lengths will produce a good
set of bass strings provided you give them a good scale.  Arledge and JD
Grandt are my choices for care in winding and are the two most accommodating
for provided scales.  They will also run scales if you ask them.  Both do
quality work.  GC is fine if you like his scales and if you don't have any
complaints.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com