[CAUT] Repetition Alignment

william ballard wbps at vermontel.net
Wed Mar 29 06:29:03 MST 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 1:04 AM, Barbara Richmond wrote:
> Are you picking on me?  ;-)

Nope, jes' forgetting to put on my glasses before I sit down to
peruse the posts. (And also stretching beyond the limits of logic for
a reason why this rep spacing should be less than immortal.)

> When I was done the knuckle/lever and the heel/capstan alignments
> were good (and I thanked God for my good fortune). Except for a
> couple strays, the jack tender/let off button was good, too.  Isn't
> that what spacing and traveling are supposed to do?  I think you'll
> agree that a lever hitting the neighboring knuckle isn't a good thing.

Yes, but I was also putting out a general reminder that it's the rep
lever (not the rep body) which gets spaced to the knuckle, and that
the assumption that the lever and body are parallel is not a good one.

>  I'm not familiar with the term cradling the jack. Fire away.

Terminclaturology. Making sure the jack top is centered within
lever's window.

Bus Twitches

mr bill
wbps at vermontel.net