[CAUT] Repetition Alignment

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Mar 28 09:06:55 MST 2006

A little off the subject, but related--I was wondering about how much repetitions move or stay put.  The question came up for me because I did a <huge> regulation job on an 9 year old Steinway B (obviously over-due) and though the hammers were nice and neatly spaced to the hammer rest felts, the repetitions were all over the place.  They were so bad, my thoughts were that they had never been spaced and traveled correctly to begin with.  When I spaced and traveled them, there wasn't much traveling paper to be seen.  On the other hand, this was a university professor's home piano and it was hard to imagine that the dealer delivered the piano in less than pristine condition.

Comments?

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL