[CAUT] Broken Plates

James Ellis claviers at nxs.net
Mon Mar 27 12:36:23 MST 2006

Alan Eder asked if the man who worked in the factory where those plates
broke in new pianos said what happened when they did break.  No, Alan, he
didn't.  He just said they had some plates of that model break in the
factory when they were tuned up.

It was an interesting situation, because he and I had each made our
respective statements before either of us knew about the other.  I said I
didn't understand why the plate of that piano didn't break before it left
the factory, and he said some of them did.

Jim Ellis