[CAUT] (CAUT) Old Chickerings

Donald McKechnie dmckech at ithaca.edu
Sun Mar 19 14:46:00 MST 2006

I have to echo Jim's thoughts on the Quarter Grand. (At least from
the perspective of just one in my private clientele.) Yes, they can
be a beast if not rebuilt or reconditioned but if you do some good
work on this piano it will most likely yield good results. The
Quarter Grand owned by my customer is a case in point. I contracted
to a shop in NYC for a new board, block, etc. and I did the the
action. It is a sweet sounding piano and works well.

Don

Don McKechnie
Piano Technician
Ithaca College