[CAUT] Bosendorfer bass strings

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 22:20:29 MST 2006

I am following up on the mention of Bosendorfers and
bass strings.  I have a 9' Bos. that  I service and I
would say that it has my favorite bass and tenor sound
of any piano  that I tune. The tone is not only
powerful but it is very rich with a color that is
unmatched.

Certainly a combination of factors goes into the
quality of their sound, but is there one or two design
features in the Bos. that you think  contribute more
to this sound?   ($1000 for a set of bass string
Hammers, bass bridge design, ???)
What hammers does the Bos. factory use?

I only wish the upper treble had better sustain but
this seems to be typical in other Bos. as well, at
least in the ones I've observed.

Bob Hull