[CAUT] Hammers

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Mar 15 11:09:14 MST 2006

Mike:

Currently I'm only using Ronsen Wurzen hammers or Renner Premium Blues.
If power were my main goal I'd go with the Renners.  This afternoon I
have to dope a set of the Wurzens which are on a reduced keyboard action
in a D.  The Wurzens sound wonderful, but the teacher who is doing all
the small keyboard research wants more power out of it.  Of course, one
of the reasons is that she doesn't want people to conclude that the
reduced size action also reduces power.  It really doesn't.  It's just
that the other action for that piano has Renners on it and there is a
power disparity.

I have used the Ronsen Wurzen hammers on several practice room pianos
where you really want not to have all that power.

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt at smu.edu