[CAUT] Rebuilding Value

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Mar 10 09:11:04 MST 2006

At 10:01 AM 3/10/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/10/2006 8:59:46 AM Central Standard Time,
>hoffsoco at luther.edu writes:
>Gotta rethink that, Wim...
>
>I'm sure I'll get a lot of corrections if I'm wrong, but methinks $&$ has
>Renner actions on Kluge keys with Mapes strings.
>
>Then what are they making in that big shop on Long Island?
>
>Wim
>_______________

It's an genuine Steinway assembly plant, I think.  When I did the
technician week back in '82, they _did_ make action parts. (I left with
some "defective" balancier blanks from the trash pile. - {they had glue
joints in them}) They were still pressing their own hammers then, too.

Last time I got a set of action parts, they were in a Renner box with a
"Genuine Steinway Parts" sticker on them.

If you replace one broken plain wire string with wire purchased from a
supply house, is it still a Steinway?

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.